An important thing to know before you travel to Indonesia is the different types
of visas that have specific requirements. Here are some frequently asked
questions to help you with Visa & immigration policies in Indonesia.
Before applying for a visa to Indonesia, you need to identify your purpose of visit in order to know what kind of visa you need. Here are the current types of visas you can apply for.
• Visit Visa
• Visa for Temporary Resident Permit
What is a Visit Visa?
Foreigners can apply for Visit Visa in the Indonesian Embassy or Consulates, or the guarantor could apply to the Directorate General of Immigration in Jakarta, Indonesia. Visit Visa is issued in the Indonesian Embassy or Consulates with mandatory requirements of Application/Guarantee Letter, passport with minimum 6 months validity, copy of bank accounts, return /through tickets and re-entry permit (or stateless /non-nationality person). A holder of Visit Visa is given up to 60 days stay and can be extended at the Immigration Office for 5 (five) times, each extension will be given for another 30 days stay.
What is an E-Visa?
The Indonesian Ministry of Law and Human Rights has developed an electronic visa (e-Visa) application system to provide ease of access for foreign travelers who are planning to visit Indonesia. The E-Visa allows foreigners to apply for a visa online without having to visit the Republic of Indonesia Representative out of the country or the Immigration Office.
The steps to apply for the Indonesian e-Visa are as follows:
1. Visit https://visa-online.imigrasi.go.id/
- Enter data and upload required documents (individual/ corporation)
- Wait for the email notification which contains the username and password
3. Apply for Visa
- Log in using the username and password
- Select the type of visa you wish to apply for, enter data, and upload required documents
- Make PNBP payments (Make sure the data and documents are correct. If the application is rejected, the payment shall not be refunded)
- If the application is approved, a notification will be sent via email
The application for e-Visa can be submitted from wherever the applicant is. The verification process will be quick, which is 3 (two) - 5 (five) working days, and then the visa will be sent to the applicant. In order to cut bureaucratic procedures, the applicant and the guarantor will not be required to appear in person and the visa will be sent directly via email. Once the foreign citizens (WNA) receive their e-Visa, they can immediately travel to Indonesia.
For more details, please visit: imigrasi.go.id